2000yr old Thirukural

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Rajini Dharmendra birthday celebration images

Chennai... 
Madras for me is all about memories. I've shot some of my early films Pooja Ke Phool and Main Bhi Ladki Hoo in this city. There were quaint landmark drive-ins and eateries that I always made a point to visit during my stays here. Sadly, today, the five-star culture has largely eaten into the charm that was Madras for me. I once had a beautiful property in the city, with my own private beach, swimming pool and acres of greenery. 

Felicitation by Rajinikanth... 
This will be the biggest award for me. To be felicitated by an actor of the calibre of Rajinikanth is an honour. The last time I'd felt this great about receiving an award was when Dilip Saheb presented me with the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award. Rajini is like a younger brother. I had first met him and his wife Latha in Ooty, and from then, my love for him and his family has only grown. 





Resolution at 75... 
I come from a very humble, middle-class background, and it's the love that people have showered on me that has made me what I am today. I wish that I continue to get and give love, and that there's peace and amity in the world around us. 

Movie matters... 
My movie Yamla Pagla Deewana, a comedy caper, will release next month. From what I hear, it seems that the film's trailers and promos have been received very well. For now, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. A Tamil movie? Why not? If the offer is exciting enough, I'm on it. I even promise to memorise the dialogues! 

On daughter Esha Deol... 
Initially, I was opposed to her joining the film industry, and was unhappy when she did. Every father wants to protect his daughter, and I'd wanted to keep Esha away from this very ruthless, unpredictable profession. My mother used to say main to dua karungi ki koi bhi isme na phanse jaha har film ke saath jeethe ho aur marte ho ( I pray that no one gets trapped into this industry where with every film you live and die). I didn't want her to be sucked into the big bad world of publicity, promotions and Friday fickleness. We live for our children, and we love our daughters a little more, don't we? But now, she has my full support. Having said that, what I'd now like most is to find a nice boy for her. 

After you, the handsome hunks in Bollywood... 
I always blush when people call me handsome. I'm not sure if I deserve that compliment. Well, Salman Khan, Hrithik Roshan and most definitely my two sons Sunny and Bobby. 

Any regrets... 
That I refused a few good films.... 

source - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Rajini-is-like-a-younger-brother-Dharmendra/articleshow/7048058.cms#ixzz17b83pHB0

No comments:

Blog Archive