2000yr old Thirukural

Monday, November 8, 2010

India v New Zealand Ahmedabad Match drawn

India v New Zealand

Narendra Modi, a top-ranking GCA official, is on the podium. I don't know why, but 
Daniel Vettori has been invited for the first interview. He says, "I am proud how the guys stepped up at times when we needed them. Jesse and Kane with the bat, and Chris martin with the ball yesterday, giving us a small chance of victory. Unfortunately it was always going to be difficult with the injures, even Kane went down with the injury. We will have to call replacements in, and we need a team that can stand on the park. It's important we continue from this performance, we can't afford to rest on whatever laurels from here."

MS Dhoni: "That one hour yesterday we didn't play well, but VVS Laxman and Harbhajan thankfully rescued us. It was very difficult to get wickets here. There was no reverse either because of the soft outfield. All credit to Chris Martin, he was the lone wolf, taking those five wickets. Last night I told Bhajji that this could be the most important innings in the series. We knew what Laxman is capable of, but we needed him to stand with him. Hoping Hyderabad to be a better track. We did our best to make this match interesting through that collapse, but hoping that the next match doesn't need our help."

And MoM, for his figures of 1 for 122, is Harbhajan Singh. "Never dreamt I would be MoM for batting, not in Tests, maybe in the one-dayers. Fantastic to get my hundred. A big thanks to Laxman, without whom I would not have scored this. And also a big thanks to Sachin, Viru, and everyone who wanted me to score a century. Today I didn't disappoint them. Laxman was tapping my shoulder after every over, it was great to have him there. Because of him only, I got those runs. I couldn't celebrate much because I was too tired. My hands are a little sore because I have never batted that long. More than the hundred, I was happy we saved the game. Yesterday it seemed we were out of the game."

No comments:

Blog Archive