2000yr old Thirukural

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pakistan pacer wants sachin wicket





After earning a surprise call to the World Cup squad, rookie Pakistan pacer Junaid Khan cannot stop thinking about bowling to Indian batting legend Sachin Tendulkar and getting him out.

The 21-year old left-arm pacer was drafted into the squad after fitness issues ruled talented Sohail Tanvir out of the tournament.

Tanvir ruled out of Pakistan's World Cup team

"Just getting a chance to play in the World Cup is a dream come true for me. But if we get to play against India in the World Cup it would be a blast to bowl at Tendulkar and get him out. It is an ambition for me," Junaid said.

Junaid, who has represented the national team at the under-19 and A levels, said he has always admired Tendulkar for his batting exploits.

"For any young bowler I think Tendulkar's wicket is a big prize," he told Geo Super channel.

The youngster said he had recently toured Sri Lanka with the Pakistan A team and was familiar with the conditions which will help him if gets to play some matches there.

"I am very fit having played lot of domestic cricket this season and the confidence is high so getting a chance to play in the World Cup is a big bonus for me," he said.

Junaid, who has taken 167 wickets in 35 first class games for Abbotabad, said he was thankful to the cricket board and national selectors for posing confidence in him.

World Cup 2011

"God has been kind to me and I know this is a big opportunity. I don't know if I will get a chance to play but I will do my best to impress the team management that I should be given a chance and I will not let them down."

The southpaw is one of the finest fast bowling prospects in Pakistan and has impressed everyone with his pace and fire.

He joins left arm pacers, Shoaib Akhtar, Umar Gul and Wahab Riaz in the Pakistan bowling line up for the World Cup.

Pakistan lost two of their top pace bowlers -- Muhammad Aamer and Mohammed Asif -- to bans from the International Cricket Council anti-corruption tribunal.

No comments:

Blog Archive